WHO WE ARE
Schoel Engineering is one of the most experienced and technically diverse firms in the Southeast. Based in Birmingham, AL, the company was formed in 1888 by Herman Schoel. Originally known for its surveying capabilities, the firm has grown to offer the full continuum of engineering services including: civil, environmental, water resources, high definition surveying and 3D modeling, along with the traditional surveying work. Our clients know we are with them for the duration of a project.
WHY CHOOSE SCHOEL
Experience matters, especially when it comes to preparing for a construction project. Builders and developers need a partner they can trust, someone who knows the landscape—literally. Schoel was founded on providing high quality work. Over the years as the profession has grown, so has our firm. We now have five different areas of specialization, employ the latest technology, and offer clients a multidisciplinary approach that encompasses the entire project, not just one aspect. When you need solutions, look to Schoel Engineering.
LEADERS IN THE FIELD
When you choose Schoel, you are selecting a leader in the industry. Below is a list of some of our notable projects.
- Regions Field (Home of the Birmingham Barons) — 14 acres, minor league baseball complex
- Honda Manufacturing (Lincoln, AL & Tallapoosa, GA) — 1500 acres and 500 acres respectively, manufacturing site development and expansion
- Liberty Park – 3600 acres, mixed use development
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) — multiple campus expansion and redevelopment projects
- The Shops of Grand River — 80 acres, retail development involving $8.3 million site work package
- Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children (Children’s Hospital of Alabama) — downtown hospital expansion
- Railroad Park — 17 acres, urban park development
- Grandview Medical Center