Website Schoel Engineering Company
OPEN POSITION: CIVIL CAD TECHNICIAN (HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA)
Schoel has a job opening for a Civil CAD Technician in their Huntsville, Alabama office. Schoel is a Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, and Land Surveying consulting firm that services Alabama and the Southeast, with offices in Birmingham, Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa Birmingham. Established in 1888, Schoel is known for their quality and technical expertise.
The position requires a 2-year drafting degree (no experience required) or experience in civil engineering drafting. The candidate will work as part of a team to produce engineering design drawings that include site layout, grading, storm drainage, and utilities. Proficiency in Autodesk Civil3D is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth Pro, and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Schoel offers a competitive salary and compensation plan based on credentials, skill level, and experience. Benefits include:
- Annual Bonuses up to 20% of salary (distributed quarterly)
- Paid Time Off (starts at 3 weeks per year)
- 401k Plan (annual company match 100% up to 4% of salary)
- Health Insurance ($375 for employee only, up to 92% of premium) ($1,025 for family, up to 88% of premium)
- Life Insurance (paid 100% by the company)
- Life Insurance, including Accidental Death and Dismemberment (paid 100% by the company)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage (paid 100% by the company)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (allows for a percentage of salary to be spent tax free on approved expenses)
- Professional Development such as Continuing Education and License Renewals
Schoel is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. The firm maintains a drug-free workplace.
BEFORE YOU CLICK APPLY: If you do not have a current resume outlining your education, work history, and references to attach to your job application, please fill out an application that you can save and upload with your submission.
Employment Application download: Employment Application