Website Schoel Engineering Company
OPEN POSITION: LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT (HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA)
Schoel has a job opening for a Landscape Architect in their Huntsville, Alabama office. Schoel is a Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, and Land Surveying consulting firm that services Alabama and the Southeast, with offices in Birmingham, Huntsville, and Tuscaloosa Alabama. Established in 1888, Schoel is known for their quality and technical expertise.
This position requires a Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture or a related field. The candidate must have their PLA, ASLA, or be eligible to obtain their professional license within 4 years. The candidate would work as part of a team to perform landscape architecture and land planning. The candidate would produce landscape and hardscape construction drawings and other documents as required. The candidate would also visit construction sites and communicate with clients and review authorities. Experience with Autodesk Civil3D, LandFX, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred, but not required. Strong hand graphics and presentation skills are preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Schoel offers a competitive salary and compensation plan based on credentials, skill level, and experience. Benefits include:
- Annual Bonuses up to 20% of salary (distributed quarterly)
- Paid Time Off (starts at 3 weeks per year)
- 401k Plan (annual company match 100% up to 4% of salary)
- Health Insurance ($375 for employee only, up to 92% of premium) ($1,025 for family, up to 88% of premium)
- Life Insurance (paid 100% by the company)
- Life Insurance, including Accidental Death and Dismemberment (paid 100% by the company)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage (paid 100% by the company)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (allows for a percentage of salary to be spent tax free on approved expenses)
- Professional Development such as Continuing Education and License Renewals
Schoel is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. The firm maintains a drug-free workplace.
BEFORE YOU CLICK APPLY: If you do not have a current resume outlining your education, work history, and references to attach to your job application, please fill out an application that you can save and upload with your submission.
Employment Application download: Employment Application